[ovs-discuss] Issues with ARP across hosts connected with GRE tunnel

Shridhar Sahukar shridhar.sahukar at cyaninc.com
Tue Jul 15 00:23:03 UTC 2014

Thanks for the response Gurucharan

I dont have any issues with the routing table entries. As mentioned, after
setting up the tunnel, if I cannot ping from br0 -> br1, and at that time,
if I initiate a ping in the reverse direction, i.e. from br1->br0 (which
works), everything starts working. On tcpdump, I have observed the ARP
requests making it to the eth0 on the other host, but the same request is
not seen on the bridge, and neither do I see the response.

Thanks,
Shridhar