[ovs-discuss] vlan,2 NIC,Bond,Bridge

mad Engineer themadengin33r at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 16:38:26 UTC 2014

Hi All,
          I am using Ubuntu 12.04 as Xen Dom0, with two interface eth0 and
eth1.

 in my previous setup i was using 3 separate sub interface with
VLAN(eth0.13,eth1.14,eth2.15) and connected to 3 Linux bridges it worked
fine,

but current server doesn't have 3 interface to create 3 sub interface and
instead of linux bridge i am using Open vswitch.

trying

to configure 3 VLANS on two interfaces and create 3 bonds for each VLAN and
add to 3 separate OVS bridges .

*Will this kind of setup work? ie without creating sub interfaces and
adding tag directly on bond and connecting that bond to bridge*

eth0 and eth1 bonded to bond13.*13*  >  then to bridge br0
eth0 and eth1 bonded to bond14.*14*  >  then to bridge br1
eth0 and eth1 bonded to bond 15.*15* >  then to bridge br2

*or *

do i need to create sub interface and connect sub interface instead of eth0
and eth1
eth0.*13* eth1.*13*  bonded to bond13 then bond13 to bridge 0

I heard that if i use eth0 directly with Bridge for VLAN traffic it does
not work and i need to use ebtables to make it work.(at least in Linux
bridge-I am aware that with ovs ebtables wont work) Can some one please
help me with this?

Which method is the proper way to create multiple VLAN on single interface
and bridging it.

Thanks