[ovs-discuss] PPPoE across Internet.

邓尧 torshie at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 10:37:06 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I'm trying to setup ovs as an ethernet tunnel, so I can dial into a private
network across the Internet.

I have 2 linux hosts A, B, both running openvswitch 2.1.2, configured with
kernel support. Host A is the host which I can dial directly into the
private network. Host A has two network adapters, eth0 & eth1, eth0 is
connected to internet, eth1 is connected to the PPPoE server. ovs setup on
host A is like this:

    Bridge "lan0"
        Port "eth1"
            Interface "eth1"
        Port "lan0"
            Interface "lan0"
                type: internal
        Port "vxlan0"
            Interface "vxlan0"
                type: vxlan

ovs setup on host B is like this:
    Bridge "lan0"
        Port "lan0"
            Interface "lan0"
                type: internal
        Port "vxlan0"
            Interface "vxlan0"
                type: vxlan

With this setup, if I assign a static IP address on both "lan0" interfaces,
both A & B can ping each other, so the vxlan tunnel probably works as
expected.
I also managed to dial into private network through interface lan0 on host
A, I cannot dial into the network through interface lan0 on host B.

Which part of my setup is wrong ? or openvswitch isn't designed to do what
I required ?

Thanks