[ovs-discuss] FW: saving rules into the database

Eyal Nissim eyaln at ceragon.com
Mon Jul 21 12:38:33 UTC 2014

Hi,

Now that I've done some research about it, I think that I've finally reached some conclusions
Please correct me if I'm wrong:
1. Vswitch is controlled by the remote controller, and it's the remote controller that is responsible for configuring the flows for the vswitch
2. The database is NOT  configured by FLOWS, applications such as ovs-vsctl (i.e controllers)configure port or interface related features in the database (such as QoS, STP,CFM)
    These are supposed to be read by vswitch at startup (or on the fly if configuration was made on the fly)
    Later on, when the controller sends FLOWS to vswitch the add flow command also contain parameters which attach the flow to interfaces ports Queues and other things
   That's how the connection between the previous configurations and the actual flows is done

Thanks