[ovs-discuss] unable to set no-cache for flow table

loy wolfe loywolfe at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 10:03:11 UTC 2014

sometimes we have to set a filter rule with 5-tuple for some certain mac
address. but after we set it, it seems that many upcall event appears, and
kernel datapath is un-wildcard, from L2 flow to L4 flow.

we setup another table to match it: when L2 information is matched in the
master table, then goto the filter table. We don't want the filter rule in
the filter table setup the kernel cache by netlink, because the traffic
destined to the filter table is very low, and we prefer each time this kind
of traffic go to userspace for filter matching, without impact on other
traffic by un-wildcard the kernel flow table.

Is there any way to control when if a certain table lookup will cause
kernel cache update? If the table is set to "no-cache", then any
classification result including this table in the path will not be set to
kernel flow.