[ovs-discuss] Coverage counter subfacet_install_fail

Han Zhou zhouhan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 08:33:36 UTC 2014

Hi Alex,

We had to upgrade to OVS2.1, and everything looks much better.
The flow miss rate decreased from 20K/sec to 1.5K/sec, which means in
OVS2.0 there was problem of creating datapath flows (indicated by the
counter subfacet_install_fail), which then resulted in high miss rate
and high OVS cpu.

However, there are still occasional increase of upcall_queue_overflow,
and the cpu load of handler threads are not high (< 10 %).
upcall_queue_overflow      0.0/sec     0.000/sec        0.1339/sec
total: 15671

This problem should go away when dispatcher is removed, do you know
when would it be in stable release?

Best regards,
Han