[ovs-discuss] Handling ARP when bridge is up

John Thoe johnthoe at outlook.com
Thu Mar 6 00:44:04 UTC 2014

Hi list
I have a bridge br0 to which eth0 is connected. I have assigned the IP to br0.
I want to handle ARP flows to the machine (br0, since the IP is assigned to that). How do I do that? Should I just use the actions=local and set the type to ARP to handle it?

ovs-ofctl add-flow br0 "in_port=1,arp,actions=local"

ovs-ofctl add-flow br0 "in_port=local,arp,actions=output:1"

I know that this is clearly wrong, so how do I handle ARP flows?