[ovs-discuss] Handling ARP when bridge is up

Hui Kang hkang.sunysb at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 04:08:20 UTC 2014

Hi,

ARP request should be sent to all ports. So you can use this to enable ARP
flows on the bridge.

ovs-ofctl add-flow  arp,action=normal

Hi list
I have a bridge br0 to which eth0 is connected. I have assigned the IP to br0.
I want to handle ARP flows to the machine (br0, since the IP is
assigned to that). How do I do that? Should I just use the
actions=local and set the type to ARP to handle it?

ovs-ofctl add-flow br0 "in_port=1,arp,actions=local"

ovs-ofctl add-flow br0 "in_port=local,arp,actions=output:1"

I know that this is clearly wrong, so how do I handle ARP flows?