[ovs-discuss] packet message stats

Gray, Mark D mark.d.gray at intel.com
Tue Mar 11 14:51:59 UTC 2014

Hi,

After receiving a miss upcall for a flow, the flow entry is put into the datapath
flow table. Along with that flow entry, a number packet messages may be
sent to the datapath until the entry is put into the table.

DPIF allows clients to query flow entries using the dpif_flow_get() function. This
returns, among other things, dpif_flow_stats. Do these stats only refer to the
table entry or should they also include the contribution from the packet message?
I realise that the extra contribution due to the packet message is small but
I would like to confirm expected behaviour.

Thanks,

Mark
Intel Shannon Limited
Registered in Ireland
Registered Number: 308263
Business address: Dromore House, East Park, Shannon, Co. Clare