[ovs-discuss] ovs-ofctl: Can a flow restrict packet to flood to a particular port

Avinash avinashandrew at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 15:44:59 UTC 2014

Hi,

Is it possible to add an ovs-ofctl flow to restrict a packet with particular
VLAN ID not to flood to a particular port.

For example, we have an OVS bridge, br0 having 5 ports.
Three ports of br0 are having ports of VMs with VLAN ids as (VM1: 10, V2:
15, V3: 10).
The physical interfaces eth1 and eth2 are assigned as other ports of the
bridge br0.
Now the packets coming from VMs with VLAN id 10 has to be flooded to all
the ports
except to the port eth2. Similarly the packets from the VM with VLAN id 15
has to be
flooded to all the ports except eth1. Is this scenario possible using flows
?

If possible, can we have similar single flow to restrict multiple ports ?

Thanks,
Avinash.