[ovs-discuss] Multi core on OVS

Sujayyendhiren RAMARAO SRINIVASAMURTHI sxr1043 at rit.edu
Mon Mar 17 05:21:05 UTC 2014

*Basic introduction*
(i) I work with OVS-1.9.0.
(ii) I have added a function call in OVS dataplane processing which
additionally takes 16microseconds to 50 microseconds.

*Issue*
 - I am trying to distribute the load (software interrupt processing)
across both the cores. Steps I follow are :

(i) Obtain interrupt number for the ethernet device.
(ii) Make the smp_affinity parameter of ethernet device to 0x03 i.e.
to use both the cores, so that at high data rates both the cores are
utilized but i still see only one core reaching 100%.

Can someone hint at how i should go further.

Sujayyendhiren