[ovs-discuss] MVRP in OVS

Howard Tsai htsai at skytap.com
Thu Mar 27 17:41:40 UTC 2014

One thing I am curious about is the exposure of current VLAN topology from
ovs-vswitchd.

Currently, ofbundle registers a set of callback functions with MVRP. MVRP
calls these functions to adjust VLAN membership. I.e., OVSDB doesn't have
the current VLAN topology declared by MVRP. To compensate, I implemented a
unixctl cmd "mvrp/show" to show MVRP state.

My questions are:
1. Is this the preferred way to expose protocol state? Any
suggestion/pseudo standard on output formatting?
2. It seems that OF-Config should be extended to include MVRP as one of
OpenFlow Port Feature and VLAN configuration in OpenFlow Port State.  Any
thought on that?

Thanks,
Howard