[ovs-discuss] [Fwd: Re: auto starting bridge fails]

Neil Schneider pacneil at linuxgeek.net
Thu Mar 27 19:05:12 UTC 2014

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 11:44:41PM -0700, Neil Schneider wrote:

> On Wed, March 26, 2014 9:58 am, Flavio Leitner wrote:
>
> > That is a problem with OVS_OPTIONS=.  Take it out and the bridge
> > should be up.
>
> Yes, I found the error before I got your email.
>
> Thanks so much for helping.

ok. Please, for the record, could you reply to your thread in the
list saying what the problem was and how you fixed it?

Thanks

I had a configuration error that was causing my interfaces to not come up
properly. Here's what ifcfg-br0 looked like, with the error line commented
out.

DEVICE="br0"
ONBOOT="yes"
DEVICETYPE="ovs"
TYPE="OVSBridge"
BOOTPROTO="none"
HOTPLUG="no"
#OVS_OPTIONS="tag=100"

Not sure why this failed, but I have the information in ifcfg-vlan100
DEVICE=vlan100
ONBOOT=yes
DEVICETYPE=ovs
TYPE=OVSIntPort
BOOTPROTO=static
IPADDR=10.1.4.2
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
OVS_BRIDGE=br0
OVS_OPTIONS="tag=100"
HOTPLUG=no

I haven't yet discovered how to make sure this part is right and that the
vlan tags are getting applied as I expect. But I do see this output:
# ifconfig vlan100
vlan100   Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 4E:5F:E9:7B:31:CE
          inet addr:10.1.4.2  Bcast:10.1.4.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
          inet6 addr: fe80::4c5f:e9ff:fe7b:31ce/64 Scope:Link
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
          RX bytes:468 (468.0 b)  TX bytes:636 (636.0 b)

Still moving forward.

Thanks for the great list and thanks to Flavio Leitner for taking time to
help.

--
Neil Schneider                          pacneil_at_linuxgeek_dot_net

This is your life. Do what you love, and do it often. If you don’t like
something, change it. If you don’t like your job, quit. If you don’t have
enough time, stop watching TV. If you are looking for the love of your
life, stop; they will be waiting for you when you start doing things you
love.”