[ovs-discuss] Handling ARP flows

Brent Salisbury brent.salisbury at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 01:08:15 UTC 2014

If you want to try it out here are some quick commands from my notes. Fyi,
if you don¹t have an OOB nic and don¹t script moving the IP from ethX to
brX it will clip you connection :)

Configure a bridge and add eth0 to the new bridge:
sudo ovs-vsctl add-br br0
ovs-vsctl add-port br0 eth0
ovs-vsctl list port

Change your eth(n) IP to your new bra interface:
ifconfig eth0 0
ifconfig br0 x.x.x.x netmask 255.255.255.0
route add default gw 192.168.1.1 br0

Thanks,
-Brent