[ovs-discuss] Can't obtain IP address for KVM

Flavio Leitner fbl at redhat.com
Sat Mar 29 03:36:07 UTC 2014

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 05:59:32PM -0700, Jeff W wrote:
> Hi Flavio
>
> Thank you for the reply, it's my fault, NM_CONTROLLED was NO. And the service start order is correct as openvswitch starts before the network when system reboot, (however the commands order is incorrect.) Base on the link you gave, now the NICs config are below:

ok!
[...]
The configuration looks okay.

> Firewall is disabled, and so did the selinux, but was still not able to get IP, ...:-( any idea?,

Interesting, I would follow the packet to see how far it goes.
The DHCP packets should follow this path:
Guest's eth0 <-> tap <-> Host's eth0 <-> Dhcp service.
So, attach the tcpdump to the tap interface, you should see the
DHCP request passing and maybe the DHCP reply. Then do the same
on host's eth0. If needed, on guest's eth0 too.

fbl