[ovs-discuss] Can't obtain IP address for KVM

Jeff W jeffwji at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 29 04:52:31 UTC 2014

Hi Flavio

I can see the dhcp broadcast from tap0, but no package reached br0, I think the eth0 of host you mean br0, as eth0 doesn't represent to host. the guest should be innocent.

Jeff

On Friday, March 28, 2014 11:36:16 PM, Flavio Leitner <fbl at redhat.com> wrote:

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 05:59:32PM -0700, Jeff W wrote:
> Hi Flavio
>
> Thank you for the reply, it's my fault, NM_CONTROLLED was NO. And the service start order is correct as openvswitch starts before the network when system reboot, (however the commands order is incorrect.) Base on the link you gave, now the NICs config are below:

ok!
[...]
The configuration looks okay.

> Firewall is disabled, and so did the selinux, but was still not able to get IP, ...:-( any idea?,

Interesting, I would follow the packet to see how far it goes.
The DHCP packets should follow this path:
Guest's eth0 <-> tap <-> Host's eth0 <-> Dhcp service.
So, attach the tcpdump to the tap interface, you should see the
DHCP request passing and maybe the DHCP reply. Then do the same
on host's eth0. If needed, on guest's eth0 too.

fbl