[ovs-discuss] Can't obtain IP address for KVM

Flavio Leitner fbl at redhat.com
Sat Mar 29 19:23:12 UTC 2014

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 09:52:31PM -0700, Jeff W wrote:
> I can see the dhcp broadcast from tap0, but no package reached br0, I
> think the eth0 of host you mean br0, as eth0 doesn't represent to
> host. the guest should be innocent.

You shouldn't be able to see the traffic on br0 unless it's a broadcast
or the dhcp service is running on it.

You should be able to the traffic on the real host NIC or I didn't
understand where the dhcp service is running.

I've tried your command and scripts here on a Fedora Rawhide and it just
works with openvswitch 2.1.0.  My dhcp service is running outside of
the host.

fbl