[ovs-discuss] openvswitch gre tunneling issues

Gurucharan Shetty shettyg at nicira.com
Mon Mar 31 15:44:53 UTC 2014

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 8:36 AM, Shiva <shivaramakrishnan740 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am setting up two gre tunnels between two hosts using the same external
> bridge.In this case (br1).I use virbr3 and virbr2 for internal
> communication.
>
> This is my config steps:
> Hypervisor 1:
> External communication
> ovs-vsctl add-br br1
> ovs-vsctl add-port eth0
> ifconfig br1 p.q.r.s netmask 255.255.255.0
>
> Internal bridge for vm communication
> Tunnel1 :
>
> ovs-vsctl add-br virbr3
> ovs-vsctl show
> ovs-vsctl add-port virbr3 gre2 -- set interface gre2 type=gre
>
> Tunnel2:
>
> ovs-vsctl add-br virbr2
> ovs-vsctl show
> ovs-vsctl add-port virbr2 gre0 -- set interface gre0 type=gre
Consider the case for the traffic coming into Hypervisor1. I don't
think it is possible to figure out which of the two end points the
packet needs to be delivered to because the 2 gre tunnels are not
unique.

I think if you delete one of your virbr* in each of the machines, you
should be able to communicate.