[ovs-discuss] When a controller is plugged in vlans stop working: normal?

Pasquale Dir phate867 at gmail.com
Mon May 5 16:27:09 UTC 2014

I have another problem.
I have an openvswitch linked to another openvswitch by a gre tunnel. This
tunnel belongs to the vlan 2. I have one Vm for each switch, each vm is
attached to the switch by a port tagged 2.

Now, everything works fine until I add my eth0 port to these openvswitches.
When I do that, the VMs can't communicate anymore even though they could,
thanks to the tunnel gre which is a trunk port for the vlan 2.

I think the problem is eth0 which is not a trunk port.

Does this mean that, in order to achieve vlan isolation and still connect
switches with gre tunnels, I need at least an external (ie. not connected
to the openvswitch) network port?