[ovs-discuss] poor performance after adding vlan tag to a vport

Hui Kang hkang.sunysb at gmail.com
Mon May 5 16:19:06 UTC 2014

Hi, Justin
Today I have upgrade the OVS to 2.1.2 and use the vlan splinter option.
However, there is no improvement on the iperf test with vlan; the
throughput of using vlan is still half of without vlan.

During the test, I use ovs-dpctl dump-flows and observer that are
additional actions of push_vlan and pop_vlan. So I am wondering if the
performance degradation is caused by these operations.

Have anyone observer 10G performance with OVS vlan access port? Thanks.

- Hui