[ovs-discuss] Query Regarding the dl_vlan match

Tommy Apache tommyprep at gmail.com
Thu May 8 22:12:02 UTC 2014

Hi,

  I have a simple setup Box1 --- (Port-1) OVS (Port-2) ---- Box2
All the 3 machines are in Virtual Box with CentOS6.4 machine.
Additionally I have installed OVS-1.11.0 in the middle box.

My test case to send the tagged Arp request/reply from Box1 to Box2.
My rule is simple
in_port=1,dl_vlan=10,dl_type=0x806,actions=strip_vlan,output:2

2 Issues I am facing :-
  a. Arp Request from Box1 to Box2 is not matching the rule
  b. The arp response from Box1 to Box2 is not even coming in tcpdump for
box2.

Untagged Arp request seems fine. Anyone seen any issues on similar lines.

-TommyPrep