[ovs-discuss] Error - build kernel module (openvswitch-2.0.0.tar.gz) on RHEL 7 Beta

Andrey Korolyov andrey at xdel.ru
Mon May 12 21:04:13 UTC 2014

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 12:58 AM, Jesse Gross <jesse at nicira.com> wrote:
> On Sat, May 10, 2014 at 2:13 PM, Andrey Korolyov <andrey at xdel.ru> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> sorry for bringing this old thread on top, but right now building
>> against current RHEL 3.10.121.el7 seems not possible without
>> patchwork. After fixing some obvious kversion checks and code
>> snippets, I had stuck on f067987973facf28916a2f5ee48bf02ce5938bf8:
>>
>> In file included from
>> /builder/rpmbuild/BUILD/openvswitch-2.1.3/_default/../datapath/linux/compat/include/net/gre.h:9:0,
>>                  from
>> /builder/rpmbuild/BUILD/openvswitch-2.1.3/_default/datapath/linux/vport-gre.c:44:
>> include/net/gre.h: In function ‘gre_handle_offloads’:
>> include/net/gre.h:42:2: error: implicit declaration of function
>> ‘iptunnel_handle_offloads’ [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
>>   return iptunnel_handle_offloads(skb, gre_csum, SKB_GSO_GRE);
>>   ^
>> include/net/gre.h:42:2: warning: return makes pointer from integer
>> without a cast [enabled by default]
>> cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
>>
>> Bare look says that this snippet should be modified more intensively
>> than by one-line patch to work well, so I thought it would be better
>> to ask there on how to fix this properly.
>
> What version of OVS is this and which patch are you specifically referring to?

Sorry if it was unclear, I pointed hash above, it` s 2.1.2. By patch I
meant one-liners which helps to mock kernel version checking in the
places where conflict of backported functions can take place. I
replaced failed checks one by one and then stuck with error above.
Actually, both gre.h - from compat/ and from RH kernel headers
resulting to this error if one want to try to point them explicitly.