[ovs-discuss] question about bond

Cristina Palomo Regidor cristina.palomo.regidor at ericsson.com
Tue May 13 15:36:45 UTC 2014

Hello,
I would like to ask again in case someone knows something different than Ben Pfaff:
 When you create a bond using the following command:

ovs-vsctl add-bond virbr0 bond0 eth4 eth6

What is the port active and what is the port backup?

Thanks.

> When you create a bond using the following command:
>
> ovs-vsctl add-bond virbr0 bond0 eth4 eth6
>

> What is the port active and what is the port backup?

There's no notion of priority between the ports.  The initially active port is not predictable.