[ovs-discuss] Error - build kernel module (openvswitch-2.0.0.tar.gz) on RHEL 7 Beta

Andrey Korolyov andrey at xdel.ru
Thu May 15 13:09:42 UTC 2014

>> resulting patch can be created without wasting much effort away.
>
> Unfortunately Zoltan's fix affecting skb_zerocopy() was merged after el7
> code freeze so 7.0 will export that as void but you'll need a workaround
> anyway as upstream kernels have been released for both signatures.
>
> A subsequent update is very likely to incorporate the fix which will
> change the return value to int.

Thomas, can you give an insight on approximate timeframe for next update
release? Will it be 7.0 branch or 7.1? Looks like that the kernel can be
updated in some weeks, according to previous dates of releases, but I`d
prefer to ask anyway. I`ll just rip out all gre/vxlan/lisp-related code
in a meantime for tests, but it will be lovely to allow possibility to
use more or less generic OVS datapath distribution.