[ovs-discuss] network problem with vxlan

t22330033 t22330033 at gmail.com
Thu May 22 02:20:46 UTC 2014

> Can you session into dhcp namespace to run tcpdump on that tap interface
> to see if the dhcp traffic is been exchanged between dns process and VM?

tcpdump in the dhcp namespace captures nothing no matter I start an
instance from nova controller or compute node. however the network of VM in
controller node is OK but not OK in compute node.

another finding regarding the manually-created bridge that works for vxlan
is that if I set the fail-mode to secure, it won't send vxlan packet
anymore. I saw the setting on bridges created by neutron are all set to
secure. it that the root cause?