[ovs-discuss] network problem with vxlan

t22330033 t22330033 at gmail.com
Fri May 23 07:09:08 UTC 2014

I knew DHCP request from VM is not sent out of the host but I don't know
how to identify the root cause. as shown in my earliest log I can just find
the packet is output to the vxlan port

 cookie=0x0, duration=2294.917s, table=0, n_packets=9, n_bytes=1434,
send_flow_rem in_port=2,dl_src=fa:16:3e:d6:ee:31
actions=set_field:0x3e9->tun_id,goto_table:10
 cookie=0x0, duration=2262.715s, table=10, n_packets=4, n_bytes=784,
send_flow_rem priority=16384,tun_id=0x3e9,dl_dst=01:00:00:00:00:00/01:00:00:00:00:00
actions=output:3,goto_table:20

port 3 is "vxlan-172.31.0.125"

  Bridge br-int
        Controller "tcp:172.22.11.43:6633"
            is_connected: true
        fail_mode: secure
  Port "vxlan-172.31.0.125"
            Interface "vxlan-172.31.0.125"
                type: vxlan
remote_ip="172.31.0.125"}

is it right so far? if yes, why does openvswitch not send the packet out?