[ovs-discuss] openvswitch hook for openflow vendor extension messages

samantha Andares sam.andares at hotmail.com
Thu May 29 16:19:52 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am still new with everything related to openFlow, its controllers and its agents.... but i managed to figure out that i could use a controller running OpenDaylight and use a vendor extension within the openflow protocol to send some specific information to an ovswitch node.  My problem is that i would like the ovswitch to send this information (payload) to my application running on the same node where the ovswitch is running. Since OpenFlow supports these vendor extensions, i believe (and i hope!!!) there should be some sort of generic framework to forward these control packets to an application (through a message queue.... socket.... ).

Can someone point me to where i can find the information for this (can this be achieved by changing some configuration attributes)? I would like not to have to modify the ovswitch software, or as little as possible.

thanks to all,

sam