[ovs-discuss] Matching GTP-U with openvswitch

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Tue Nov 4 18:50:13 UTC 2014

On Tue, Nov 04, 2014 at 07:42:36PM +0100, Dani Camps wrote:
> I would appreciate if anyone can give me a high level orientation on
> the best design approach to accomplish the above. For example should I
> define the new header parameters in the ofp11_match structure and try
> to replicate the code existing to match other parameters (e.g. in
> lib/match.c), or is there an established framework in OVS to define
> new match types?

You should not modify ofp11_match.  That would effectively change the
OpenFlow 1.1 protocol.

Start by adding a new member to struct flow in flow.h and a new field
to the list in meta-flow.h.  This will cause a large number of
compiler warnings (I recommend configuring with --enable-Werror).  The
warnings point out all the places in the code that you need to update
to add support.