[ovs-discuss] Regarding http://patchwork.openvswitch.org/patch/6679/

Gurucharan Shetty shettyg at nicira.com
Wed Nov 5 13:42:12 UTC 2014

[Adding ovs-discuss as others may find it useful, I hope you don't mind.]

Yes, my patch is doing the same. But be aware that 'ovs-docker' is
just a very simple script that adds an interface into the container
after it is created. So you will need some mechanism inside the
container to prevent the application from starting before the network
interfaces are added (I am not aware of a native way to do it, but it
looks like there are multiple hacks to achieve that. I liked the
Kubernetes way). If you wait for a couple of months, it is likely that
there will be some mechanism natively available in Docker to do it.