[ovs-discuss] mf_value and mf_subvalue size restrictions

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Thu Nov 6 18:57:45 UTC 2014

On Wed, Nov 05, 2014 at 06:34:04PM -0800, Madhu Challa wrote:
> The other issue was in the same file. I am glad make check catches these
> issues and hope there are none in other files. I attached a patch that
> should make it simpler to extend the union in the future.

I think it's better to use ARRAY_SIZE than to invent a new macro.

The trick with .__unused[0...15] will only work with GCC and Clang since
the use of ... in an initializer is a GCC extension.  I think that the
best we can do here is to add a build assertion and a comment.

I posted my version, please take a look:
http://openvswitch.org/pipermail/dev/2014-November/048347.html