[ovs-discuss] Regarding http://patchwork.openvswitch.org/patch/6679/

Santosh Kumar Santosh8.Kumar at aricent.com
Fri Nov 7 10:56:22 UTC 2014

Hi,

I will really appreciate if you can please confirm my understanding .

Set up :

1. ( Controller + Network ) on Single Node.
2. On Second Node, I have installed Docker and spawned containers successfully, where each container is running nova-compute service.

Use Case :

I want to spawn VM on Docker Containers Using above setup. Now my doubt is where openVswitch will be placed.
Is it like inside each container there will be a openvswitch or There will be a single openvswitch in Node where all Containers  will have
There interfaces like VMs do.
If answer is yes in first case that in each container there will be a openvswitch , Then executing this I found that it does not
Create ovs-system as its interface in ifconfig. So it seems it cannot manage NIC from inside the Container.

It will be great help , if anybody can give some direction here.

Regards,
Santosh Kumar