[ovs-discuss] Problems with Open vswitch and OpenFlow 1.3

Manu Sánchez manusl.teleco at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 16:04:59 UTC 2014

Hi everybody!

I hace a problem with the openvswitch and the openflow version 1.3. I am
doing the SDN_HUB opendaylight tutorial. I write:

$ sudo mn --topo single,3 --mac --controller remote --switch
ovsk,protocols=OpenFlow13

Then I start the OpenDayLight controller.

When I see the packets with wireshark I see that they are using the OF 1.0
version in the exchange. I think that it is because the openvswitch doesn
implement the OF1.3 version. The version of openvswitch is 2.0.2 but if I
update it to the 2.3.0 it still use the OF1.0 version.

Some idea¿?

Thanks!!