[ovs-discuss] Logs in OVS

anuj kaul kaul.anuj at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 18:28:39 UTC 2014

Hi All,

I am new to openvswitch and openflow . I am trying to debug ovs .

My test environment has :

*OS *: Linux - Ubuntu 14.10
*Kernel - 3.16.3 *
*OVS Version : 2.3.90*  ( build from source and installed)
*Latest Mininet .*

I  have added few* VLOG_INFO* messages in* vswitchd/bridge.c* file .

I checked ovs-dbserver is  running and also ran* ovs-vsctl show* command to
see if its working. It works fine .

When i run mininet using  command *sudo mn .* It creates the topology*. *When
i look in logs under* /var/log/openvswitch/ovs-vswitchd.log* , I *dont* see
my log messages which I added but I  do see other log messages in the same
function in bridge.c

I made sure  mininet is using  the latest ovs compiled by me.
Also I  set log level *ovs-appctl vlog/set ANY:ANY:dbg*

Any pointers would be really helpful

Appreciate your help

Regards
Anuj