[ovs-discuss] Fwd: [floodlight-dev] Two mininet networks connected through gre tunnel.

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Sun Nov 9 22:41:38 UTC 2014

On Sat, Nov 08, 2014 at 11:57:48AM -0500, Ryan Izard wrote:
> There are two Nicira extension OXMs that our library was not able to
> process in the controller within a PACKET_IN message from OVS. Could
> someone shed some light as to what those are and any others that OVS 2.1.1
> or any other version might send? The field IDs are 31 and 32.

Nicira extension OXMs are documented in meta-flow.h.  I guess you're
looking for these:

    /* "tun_src".
     *
     * The IPv4 source address in the outer IP header of a tunneled packet.
     *
     * For non-tunneled packets, the value is 0.
     *
     * Type: be32.
     * Maskable: bitwise.
     * Formatting: IPv4.
     * Prerequisites: none.
     * Access: read/write.
     * NXM: NXM_NX_TUN_IPV4_SRC(31) since v2.0.
     * OXM: none.
     * Prefix lookup member: tunnel.ip_src.
     */
    MFF_TUN_SRC,

    /* "tun_dst".
     *
     * The IPv4 destination address in the outer IP header of a tunneled
     * packet.
     *
     * For non-tunneled packets, the value is 0.
     *
     * Type: be32.
     * Maskable: bitwise.
     * Formatting: IPv4.
     * Prerequisites: none.
     * Access: read/write.
     * NXM: NXM_NX_TUN_IPV4_DST(32) since v2.0.
     * OXM: none.
     * Prefix lookup member: tunnel.ip_dst.
     */
    MFF_TUN_DST,