[ovs-discuss] OVS NetFlow export - is there passive timeout?

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Mon Nov 10 16:19:10 UTC 2014

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 09:22:03AM +0100, Martin Vizvary wrote:
> @Ben - Now, i do understand the implementation and why there is such
> short passive timeout. Are there any performance tests about the impact
> of number of records in datapath flow table?

Of course--we don't just do this kind of thing to upset NetFlow users.
In fact, you are the only person who has ever mentioned that this is a
problem for NetFlow.  Why can't (don't) the collectors aggregate
records?

I don't think there are published performance results related to tuning
these parameters.  We do tons of measurements internally when we're
tuning OVS algorithms, but it's a big step from running some tests to
writing a paper describing them.  You can probably find some information
in the OVS commit log, though, about the benefits of individual changes.