[ovs-discuss] OVS bridge can not obtain the same physical interface ip by dhcp bootproto

huwei.xtu at gmail.com huwei.xtu at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 08:14:24 UTC 2014

Hi,
I have a requirement to move the interface ip address to ovs bridge by ifcfg-ethX file's configuration. In some of my environment the following configuration can move the ip address to bridge, but some can not.
ifcfg-br-ex:
DEVICE=br-ex
ONBOOT=yes
NM_CONTROLLED=yes
BOOTPROTO=dhcp
HWADDR=00:50:56:B2:3C:5F
OVS_EXTRA="set Bridge br-ex other-config:hwaddr=$HWADDR"
TYPE=OVSBridge
DEVICETYPE=ovs

ifcfg-eth0:
DEVICE=eth0
TYPE=OVSPort
ONBOOT=yes
NM_CONTROLLED=yes
BOOTPROTO=dhcp
HWADDR=00:50:56:B2:3C:5F
DEVICETYP=ovs
OVS_BRIDGE=br-ex

In some of my environment, after service network restart, the ip in physical interface can be moved to the bridge. And there is no ip address in physical interface any more. But in some of other environments, this does not work. After service network restart, the related bridge can not obtain ip address, but the physical interface can obtain an ip address. If use dchlient -r eth0 &&  dhclient br-ex, the br-ex can obtain a ip address which is not same with the physical interface ip address. Should this can be a ovs bug ? Or how can I make sure the ovs bridge can obtain the same ip address with the related physical interface, and the physical interface not get ip addesss ?

huwei.xtu at gmail.com