[ovs-discuss] Connecting physical hosts to openvswitch

shruti rao shrutirao88 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 03:37:10 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am trying to create a network topology using Openvswitch and Opendaylight
controller. I have OpenvSwitch (v2.3) installed on Ubuntu machine and
OpenDaylight installed on another host machine.

OpenvSwitch IP- Address: 10.0.0.2
OpenDaylight IP - Address: 10.0.0.1

I have two other Ubuntu machines with IP addresses 10.0.0.3 and 10.0.0.4
which I want to connect via the OpenvSwitch. These machines are connected
to each other via a hub switch(linksys etherfast 3124).

My configuration on OpenvSwitch is as follows:

     Bridge "br0"
          Controller "tcp:10.0.01:6633"
                  is_connected: true
          Port "port1"
                  Interface "port1"
                         type: gre
          Port "br0"
                  Interface "br0"
                         type: internal
          Port "port2"
                  Interface "port2"
                         type: gre

I am unable to get the hosts to communicate with the openvswitch.

Can someone please help me configure the network.

Regards,
Shruti