[ovs-discuss] problem with ovs and libvirt

Anna Giannakou anna.giannakou at inria.fr
Tue Nov 11 10:02:52 UTC 2014

Hello,
I have an ovs bridge with 3 gre interfaces and one libvirt interface. The set up is like this:
Bridge br-tun
Port "gremirror1"
Interface "gremirror1"
type: gre
Port br-tun
Interface br-tun
type: internal
Port "gremirror2"
Interface "gremirror2"
type: gre
Port "vnet0"
Interface "vnet0"
Port "gremirror3"
Interface "gremirror3"
type: gre

I try to mirror all the traffic on the bridge to the vnet0 using the command :
ovs-vsctl -- set interface vnet0 type=internal -- --id=@p get port vnet0 -- --id=@m create mirror name=m0 select-all=true output-port=@p -- set bridge br-tun mirrors=@
Unfortunatelly, this does not work. The mirror is created normally, but i cannot see any traffic when i tcpdump it. The same goes for inside the vm also ( i cant see anything). Is there something that i can try to solve that??
I have tried to mirror the traffic to another interface that i create inside ovs and it works normally.

Thanks in advance
Anna