[ovs-discuss] MPLS in kernel

Stefano Salsano stefano.salsano at uniroma2.it
Thu Nov 13 10:58:33 UTC 2014

Il 13/11/2014 11:44, rob.ellison at bt.com ha scritto:
> Hi, I’m just wondering when version 2.4 is due – I believe this is when
> the ability to push/pop mpls labels will be implemented in kernel rather
> than userspace?

Dear Rob,

from our experience MPLS in kernel is already implemented in the master
OVS branch (2.3.9)

we succeeded in testing basic push/pop, we were also able to push 3 MPLS
lables in a node

we have problems with multiple POPs in a node, as we posted in a recent
message with subject "MPLS double POP bug?"

ciao
Stefano

> Does anyone have any experience of performance today with userspace mpls
> functionality?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rob

Stefano Salsano
Professore Associato
Dipartimento Ingegneria Elettronica
Universita' di Roma Tor Vergata
Via del Politecnico, 1 - 00133 Roma - ITALY

http://netgroup.uniroma2.it/Stefano_Salsano/

E-mail  : stefano.salsano at uniroma2.it
Cell.   : +39 320 4307310
Office  : (Tel.) +39 06 72597770  (Fax.) +39 06 72597435