[ovs-discuss] openvswitch multipath

张伟 zhangwqh at 126.com
Mon Nov 24 15:39:15 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I want to configure openvswitch multipath.  I want the packets from ofport portid 5 can be sent out to ofport portid 4 and ofport portid 9.  From man ovs-ofctl,  multipath as the actions. n_links is a parameter. I have done this:
ovs-ofctl add-flow ovs-br0 "in_port=5, priority=100, actions=multipath(symmetric_l4, 1024, modulo_n, 2, 0, NXM_NX_REG0[0..1]), resubmit(,10)"

The link result is saved to NXM_NX_REG. However, how is the link related to output port?

From one google webpage,
http://docs.inocybe.com/dev-guide/content/_open_vswitch_rules.html
I also did the following two lines:
ovs-ofctl add-flow ovs-br0 "table=10, in_port=5, reg0=0, actions=output:9"
ovs-ofctl add-flow ovs-br0 "table=10, in_port=5, reg0=1, actions=output:4"'

However, reg0 did not work. Only the first flow entry is touched.

Can anybody give me some advices how to correctly configure the multipath?