[ovs-discuss] openvswitch as a guest VM with multiple NICs

Emma Anderson em.anderson88 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 24 17:55:59 UTC 2014

Hi,
I have installed openvswitch on a guest VM, then created a bridge, and added eth0 and a tap interface to that bridge. Tap interface type is internal. Interface eth0 is already attached to a vif on xen. How I can assign tap interface to another vif in xen? I have the second vif defined in vm config file, but since mac address of the tap interface in guest vm and the mac address of the second vif that is specified in config file (under vif = [..]) are different, I think they are not connected.

Please note that it is like having a guest VM with two NICs.