[ovs-discuss] Limit on num of flows in ovs 2.0

Chetan Bali chetan.bali at aricent.com
Tue Nov 25 09:41:19 UTC 2014

Hi All,

I have a query related to max number of flows added using ovs-ofctl on a single ovs bridge. We are trying to find the max limit of ovs flows.

When we add the flows using ovs-ofctl, we are able to add 2000 flows from the ovs clis. But when we send the traffic for 2K flows, only ~1250 flows gets added but still we receive the packet outs for 2K flows.

Is there any hard limit on number of flows been added at dpif linux class?

Thanks
Chetan Bali
"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Aricent and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or confidential information and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error, please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. Aricent accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this email including damage from virus."