[ovs-discuss] openvswitch multipath

张伟 zhangwqh at 126.com
Fri Nov 28 01:40:46 UTC 2014

I used multiple clients to test. Now it works.
I want to know whether my understanding is correct for multipath.
In multipath_execute()->nxm_reg_load(), the key action is to store the selected link result to struct flow member regs that the user defined in the command line
CASE_MFF_REGS:
        flow->regs[mf->id - MFF_REG0] = ntohl(value->be32);
        break;

In the match_format() function,
it will read the regs value and use it as one part of the matching the flow entry,

I have another question. If I want to use multiple regs. How do I use them from the command line? Can you give an example? Another question is I am confused with the dst[start..end] start and end value if the reg is not reg0. I did not know how to define and use it. Eg, If I have 1024 links, what should start and end be in this case?