[ovs-discuss] Dropping Packets Counter

Pedro Henrique phamorimrezende at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 19:36:01 UTC 2014

Hi.
I'm doing some experiments here and I would like to know if there is a way
to drop the packets using the switch's interfaces. I'm currently dropping
the packets using traffic shaping (tc command), however it seems that the
dropping happens in the kernel and therefore I can't see the dropped
packets statistics increasing on "dpctl dump-ports" or ifconfig (it's
always 0). I know that I can see the dropped packets typing something
similar to "sh tc -s -d -p qdisc show dev s1-eth1", but the problem with
this approach is that I can't get the dropped packets using an openflow
controller. I don't know how to make this dropping counter increase and
would like to know how can I achieve this.

Thank you.