[ovs-discuss] OVS and CentOS 7

Phil Daws uxbod at splatnix.net
Fri Oct 3 08:16:28 UTC 2014

Good morning,

Built RPM via Git release, 2.3.90, last night and it passed all tests which is great :) The problem I have now is that when I try and install the package it says:

Error: Package: openvswitch-2.3.90-1.x86_64 (/openvswitch-2.3.90-1.x86_64)
           Requires: openvswitch-kmod

I read elsewhere that somebody did the following to remove the dependency:

sed 's/openvswitch-kmod, //g' openvswitch-2.3.90/rhel/openvswitch.spec > openvswitch-2.3.90/rhel/openvswitch_no_kmod.spec

is that the correct method or have I missed a step somewhere else ?

Thanks, P.