[ovs-discuss] Problem with XenServer 6.2 and OVS

Gurucharan Shetty shettyg at nicira.com
Fri Oct 3 16:31:10 UTC 2014

On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 2:03 AM, alexandre rochat
<alexandre.rochat at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I try for many days to start Open vSwitch on XenServer 6.2. By default, OVS
> is in version 1.4.6 and i can make basic commands.
>
> i make the follow command for activate him on Xen :
> xe-switch-network-backend openvswitch
>
> When i make modification like add the "lo" interface on the basic bridge,
> the modification are lost at the next restart. I dont know it's me or if OVS
> have a problem with this version of Xen ?
Restart of Xenserver (not just OVS) on an unmodified Xenserver
destroys all your manually added OVS changes and re-creates a new
configuration based on the configuration created via Xapi. AFAIK, you
do not have a choice. ( I do not know the implications of adding 'lo'
as a port to OVS as I have never done it)