[ovs-discuss] Losing Database on Reboot After Upgrade to 2.3.90

David Christensen davidch at broadcom.com
Wed Oct 8 17:08:54 UTC 2014

> * ovsdb-tool -mm show-log /etc/openvswitch/conf.db
> after a reboot. Are you seeing no history? Or do you see commands that
> delete the bridges?

Commands deleting the bridges.  I checked another system which used
the Ubuntu native build and didn't see the same behavior.  The commands
recorded in the database look like they come from ifupdown.sh.

(See http://pastebin.com/C9zbNuia for full transaction history.)

> * Are you configuring/creating your bridges using the 'interfaces'
> file? If so, copy paste its contents.

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The primary network interface
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

# The virtualization network interface
auto eth1
allow-ovsbr0 eth1
iface eth1 inet manual
  ovs_bridge ovsbr0
  ovs_type OVSPort
  pre-up ifconfig $IFACE up
  post-down ifconfig $IFACE down

auto ovsbr0
allow-ovs ovsbr0
iface ovsbr0 inet manual
  ovs_type OVSBridge
  ovs_ports ovsbr0
  pre-up ifconfig $IFACE up
  post-down ifconfig $IFACE down

auto ovsbr1
allow-ovs ovsbr1
iface ovsbr1 inet manual
  ovs_type OVSBridge
  ovs_ports ovsbr1
  pre-up ifconfig $IFACE up
  post-down ifconfig $IFACE down

> * Looks like your are using the OVS master branch, which is a
> development branch and it is possible that there is a bug. Can you try
> using 2.3 the branch instead (.90 indicates master branch) to make
> sure that this is something else and I can more easily track it down.

Ok, will try shortly.

Dave