[ovs-discuss] Using DPDK datapath and kernel module datapath

Daniele Di Proietto ddiproietto at vmware.com
Thu Oct 9 00:23:44 UTC 2014

On 10/8/14, 2:13 PM, "MCGRATH, GIL" <gm2391 at att.com> wrote:

>Being new to this dpdk stuff sorry for being a bit naïve. But I do need to
>some help.
>
>The documentation says vswitchd will print the number of dpdk devices
>found?
>
>What is the exactly is the command I use to do this? I already am running
>the ovs-vswitch deamon.

ovs-vswitchd at startup will initialize the DPDK library. The library will
print (among other things) a list of devices that it finds. In the
ovs-vswitchd log file you should see a message ("Ethernet device count:
%d")

>Also given I only did a single dpdk bind I am assuming the port to use is
>dpdk0.
>
>I tried to execute the following at got the following error:
>
># ovs-vsctl add-port br-p1p1 dpdk0 -- set Interface p1p1 type=dpdk
>ovs-vsctl: no row "p1p1" in table Interface

The port is called "dpdk0". You may want to try this:

ovs-vsctl add-port br-p1p1 dpdk0 -- set Interface dpdk0 type=dpdk

>‹ Gil

Daniele