[ovs-discuss] Issue installing DPDK igb_uio.ko

Tahhan, Maryam maryam.tahhan at intel.com
Fri Oct 10 14:23:43 UTC 2014

> Message: 5
> Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 21:29:39 +0000
> From: "MCGRATH, GIL" <gm2391 at att.com>
> To: "discuss at openvswitch.org" <discuss at openvswitch.org>
> Subject: [ovs-discuss] Issue installing DPDK igb_uio.ko
>
> I am following the ovs install instructions for using DPDK and OV userspace.
>
> Everything so far seems to be fine until I hit the step:
>
> # insmod $DPDK_BUILD/kmod/igb_uio.ko
> insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /root/dpdk-1.7.1/x86_64-native-
> linuxapp-gcc/kmod/igb_uio.ko: Invalid module format
>
> I am running on unbent 14.04 and I am using DPDK 1.7.1.

Not that you should be seeing an issue but just so you are aware only DPD 1.7.0 is supported by OVS... there wasn't an official port to 1.7.1
You usually see this issue if the module was built with another kernel version that isn't the currently running version

Try rebuilding the igb_uio module using the script $DPDK_DIR/tools/setup.sh