[ovs-discuss] OpenVswitch on OpenWrt(backfire)

H leo freedreamer1990 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 10:29:29 UTC 2014

Sorry to reply too late.I make some tries thes days to install openvswitch
on openwrt backfire.I got the openvswitch file from
github.com/schuza/openvswitch,the latest file worked with attitude
adjustment,and I found a backfire version from its history file.But using
the history file I did not get the kmod-openvswitch either.Some warnings is
presented in the make log:
WARNING: kmod-openvswitch is not available in the kernel config

Collected errors:
 * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for
openvswitch-common:
 *     libopenssl *     kmod-openvswitch *

And when I restart openvswitch on openwrt router,some errors happens:

Jan 01 13:41:19|00001|reconnect|INFO|unix:/var/run/db.sock: connecting...

Jan 01 13:41:19|00002|reconnect|INFO|unix:/var/run/db.sock: connected

Jan 01 13:41:19|00003|dpif_linux|ERR|Generic Netlink family 'ovs_datapath'
does not exist. The Open vSwitch kernel module is probably not loaded.

Jan 01 13:41:19|00004|dpif|WARN|failed to enumerate system datapaths: No
such file or directory

ovs-brcompatd: could not open brcompat socket. Check "brcompat" kernel
module.

#

# WARNING: the 'service_kill' function is now deprecated and might be

# removed soon. Consider using the other new service_* wrappers instead.

#

#

# WARNING: the 'service_kill' function is now deprecated and might be

# removed soon. Consider using the other new service_* wrappers instead.

#

#

# WARNING: the 'service_kill' function is now deprecated and might be

# removed soon. Consider using the other new service_* wrappers instead.

#

udhcpc (v1.15.3) started

root at OpenWrt:~# Sending discover...

Sending discover...

Sending discover...

I have installed the openvswitch as feed,but I do not know where is wrong
and how to solve this problem.

If you have some ideas,please give some guides.

Thx very much!